Below is a summary from the most recent CORE meeting. For past meeting minutes, please see the Meeting Minutes Archive page.
Update for Flathead CORE Trunk Workshop:
- Friday, Oct. 18, 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. at Lone Pine State Park.
- The new Hockaday Trunk and the new Flathead Lake Bio Station trunk will be featured. Other trunks include the FireWorks Trunk, Amphibians Trunk, Land of Many Stories Trunk, and Flathead Audubon Trunks.
- Advertising for 9 available spots – Please register at https://kalnet.io-solutions.com/pir/ . If having problems doing that, they should call Cherie Stobie at the NW MT Ed. Co-op at 406-752-3302.
For upcoming events, click here http://flatheadcore.org/programs-and-events/
“Round Robin” news from some of the people present:
- Travel grants for Montana students visiting public lands will once again be available for $200. Applications will be on-line on the Montana Environmental Education Association Website after October 4, 2019.
- Amy Sweet, firstname.lastname@example.org teaching a new elective in the middle school, “Lifetime Health and Fitness.” She isenvisioning the curriculum to include Aspects of Fitness (motivation, visualization to achieve health and fitness goals), Healthy Eating (diet, nutrition, cooking), Mental Well-Being (mindfulness), and Human & Health Behavior (good decisions based on core values to promote healthy and active living). Before I finalize anything I was hoping to see if you felt like your organization had any interest or availability to contribute to these topics. She is hoping to give the students as many experiences as possible and a variety. Specifically she was hoping for any donations/discounts on class or instructions on activities, equipment, volunteers who can speak on specific topics, or any other services that you think could contribute. This course will be happening three times throughout the school year, so ideally it would be great to have things that can happen more than once; however, the seasonal weather may change the specifics of some of the activities. If you have any interest in supporting through suggestions, discounts, or donations please contact Amy at email above.
- Patti Mason, has offered to donate her many resources from being an educator with Project WET, Learning Tree, Webfoot, Wonders of Wetlands, etc. She will be getting them to Teresa Wenum and Laura for distribution to anyone interested.
The November meeting, had been scheduled for Wednesday, November 6, 2019, 3:30 – 5 p.m. with a tentative location of the Flathead Conservation District Office, 133 Interstate Lane, Kalispell, from 3:30 – 5 p.m.