Below is a summary from the most recent CORE meeting. For past meeting minutes, please see the Meeting Minutes Archive page.
Review of spring events:
- Forestry Expo, May 6th-11th. – Over 800 people attended on Saturday.
- Mussel walks along Flathead Lake and Whitefish lake had great participation.
- Glacier Children’s Museum has a fire lookout exhibit that is free and very interactive for children.
For upcoming events, click here http://flatheadcore.org/programs-and-events/
“Round Robin” news from some of the people present:
- Wildfest – MT Wilderness Association, Cedar Creek Lodge, CFalls, Sept 6-8, 2019. There will be guided hikes, speakers, and other events, wildmt.org . Last year it was in Bozeman as it moves around the state every year.
- Summer art classes for kids with Hockaday will be working with Kalispell Parks and Rec. so that is how people will sign up.
- Flathead Conservation District is starting to work on their “Outdoor Education Center and Demonstration Garden – grand opening hopefully in July 2019. They plan to have a space to do workshops and other classes.
- Flathead Bio Station open house this year will be on August 9 with recreational submarine operators. There will be an Artist-in-Residence at Bio Station for the summer who will exhibit on August 9th.
The fall meeting, had been scheduled for September 18, 2019 at the Flathead Conservation District Office, 133 Interstate Lane, Kalispell, from 3:30 – 5 p.m.